Every Character I Love: Cassie Ainsworth (Skins)
“I always wished I could be a Russian Doll. A red one. With a big pair of bright blue eyes and painted on eyelashes and pink rosy cheeks. Really rosy. And my mouth would be painted on red like a bow. I’d have a flower on my chest - a rose - and two small little hands by my side. And then I could be unwrapped, two, three, four times until I was small. Really small.”
I used to come here… when the world closed in and got so small I couldn’t breathe. I’d look out at the ocean, and I’d think… “Yo, douche bag, high school counts for jack shit.” Kurt Cobain, Quentin Tarantino, Brando, DeNiro, Pacino, all high school dropouts.
- i am angry because this is just another example of women being shamed for taking nudes instead of the douchebag who spreads them being shamed for violating someone’s privacy like that
- i am angry because nobody deserves this, regardless of how i feel about their personality
- i am angry because this is pure misogyny and shows how women aren’t respected in our culture
- i am angry because she did not consent to having those pics posted everywhere but they still were
- i am angry because on the VERY RARE occasion this happens to a male celeb he is not shamed but rather the perpetrator is and it’s forgotten quickly whereas this will haunt jennifer for years and years to come
- i am angry because this was a sex crime and people are treating it like a joke
- i am angry because she is being exploited/objectified and some gross dudebros are probably jacking off to those pics
- i am angry because people are CONGRATULATING the fucker who did such an atrocious thing to her instead of being appalled
listen i may not like her personally but the fact remains that as a human being she is entitled to body autonomy and to choose who sees her naked body and who doesn’t
On the fashion industry: “People say don’t judge a book by its cover, but if someone wears a crazy outfit, they’re automatically a crazy person. If you wear a tame outfit, you’re automatically a prude…You can be whoever you want through what you wear.” — Chloe Moretz for Flare Magazine, September 2014
I think sometimes people are scared of the critique. I get it - it’s terrifying when images go online within half an hour. But passing judgement on someone else is a reflection of your own insecurities. We all make mistakes. We all have a fashion faux pas, choose the wrong script, write the wrong song. But it’s only by taking chances and occasionally getting it wrong that we grow.